Congratulations Nationals, World Series champions!
2019 Nationals Championship Parade
Saturday, November 2, 2019
2pm – 5pm
The following is a press release from the Office of the Mayor:
“After a historic season, our Washington Nationals will host the World Series in the #SportsCapital for the first time in 85 years!” said Mayor Muriel Bowser. “Nationals fans are ready, and our Administration is prepared to facilitate a world-class experience for DC residents and visitors. Let’s go Nats!”
The best-of-seven series begins in Houston on Tuesday, October 22. The Washington Nationals’ home games are:
- Game 3 on Friday, October 25
- Game 4 on Saturday, October 26
- Game 5 on Sunday, October 27
The Nationals are hosting watch parties at Nationals Park on Tuesday, October 22, and Wednesday, October 23. For more information on the game watches, visit nationals.com/watchparty.
Mayor Bowser is encouraging residents and fans headed to the Navy Yard for watch parties or the games to text “NATS” to 888-777 to receive important information from District Government on weather, transit, traffic, and more.
Navy Yard and the areas around Nationals’ stadium will draw large crowds during the watch parties and home games which require parking restrictions, road access restrictions and road closures. A comprehensive list is below:
Road Access Restrictions
- First Street SE, south of M Street SE, will be converted to one-way southbound operations, continuing west onto Potomac Avenue SE to South Capitol Street for each World Series home game and/or stadium watch party event. The following streets will be restricted to local and event traffic for all stadium watch parties and home games beginning at 2:00 p.m. until approximately midnight:
- Van Street SE between M Street SE and N Street SE (access to residential parking garages will be permitted)
- N Street SE between First Street SE and New Jersey Avenue SE (access to parking lots will be permitted)
- Potomac Avenue SE from First Street SE to South Capitol Street SE
- First Street SE: M Street SE to Potomac Avenue SE
Residents and visitors should expect significant impacts to on-street parking during the World Series. Emergency no parking restrictions will be in effect 24 hour a day beginning Tuesday, October 22, and will remain in place for World Series home games, unless otherwise signed. All vehicles that are parked in the area and in violation of the emergency no parking signs will be ticketed and towed. Motorists whose vehicles are towed should call 202-541-6083. The following streets are impacted:
- First Street SE: I Street SE to Potomac Avenue SE*
- First Street SE: M Street SE to Potomac Avenue SE*
- N Place SE: First Street SE to dead-end at east end of block*
- N Street SE: First Street SE to New Jersey Avenue SE*
- Potomac Avenue SE: First Street SE to Capitol Street SE*
- Half Street SE: M Street SE to N Street SE*
- Van Street SE: M Street SE to N Street SE*
- N Street SE: South Capitol Street to First Street SE*
- Half Street SE: I Street SE to M Street SE
- Potomac Avenue SW: South Capitol Street to First Street SW (north curb)
- 2nd Street SW: R Street SW to T Street SW (east curb)
- 3rd Street SE: M Street SE to I Street SE (west curb)
- Cushing Place SE: M Street SE to L Street SE
- I Street SE: Half Street SE to South Capitol Street (north curb)
- K Street SE: New Jersey Avenue SE to South Capitol Street SE
- L Street SE: New Jersey Avenue SE to South Capitol Street SE
- M Street SE: South Capitol Street SE to 4th Street SE
- M Street SW: South Capitol Street to First Street SW
- South Capitol Street SE: L Street SE to N Street SE
*in effect 24 hours a day beginning October 22 and will remain in place for duration of World Series.
The following streets will be closed to all motorized vehicles for all home games and stadium watch parties beginning at 3 pm and reopen at approximately midnight:
- Half Street SE between M Street SE and N Street SE
- N Street SE between the Nationals Park GEICO parking garage (at Van Street SE) and First Street SE
- N Place SE
Additionally, the District’s Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency (HSEMA) and the City of Houston are supporting each other’s preparedness efforts during the games by traveling to the opposing team’s jurisdiction to foster communication and coordination between state and local partners. To ensure effective communication across the District during the home games hosted by the Nationals, the District’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC) will activate.
Finally, MPD reminds those interested in purchasing tickets for the 2019 World Series to steer clear of ticket scalpers. Fans are encouraged to use Safe Exchange Zones when conducting in-person transactions using online applications such as Craigslist and Offer Up. A link to ticket buying tips is located here. If you have further questions or encounter a scam, please contact the Financial and Cyber Crimes Unit at (202) 727-4159 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All street closures and listed times are subject to change based upon prevailing or unexpected conditions. Motorists will encounter delays if operating in the vicinity of this event and may wish to consider alternative routes. MPD and the District Department of Transportation remind motorists in the vicinity of this event to proceed with caution as increased pedestrian traffic can be anticipated.
View the parking restrictions, road access restrictions, and road closures map.
Information about Nationals Park: https://www.mlb.com/nationals/ballpark
World Series Watch Parties tickets: https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/specials/watchparty
Getting around during MLB World Series: https://sportscapital.dc.gov/page/getting-around-the-sports-capital
Official Washington Nationals Website: https://www.mlb.com/nationals/
Game 1: Nats at Astros, Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
Game 2: Nats at Astros, Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
Game 3: Astros at Nats, Friday, Oct. 25, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
Game 4: Astros at Nats, Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
Game 5*: Astros at Nats, Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
Game 6*: Nats at Astros, Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
Game 7*: Nats at Astros, Wednesday, Oct. 30, 2019, 8 p.m. (EST)
* If necessary
Leave a Reply